11.25.2008

Our Point exactly...


I don't want to come off as hating anybody but I do hate the idea of taking something that is intended for help and promote healing and perverting it to make a buck. It makes no sense as to why in good conscience you would degrade a issue like domestic violence. True the shirts have become iconic in themselves but the meaning behind them should never loose reverence as to how important of an issue physical abuse is in our culture.
Many people are hurting and need advocates and rescue, even those who self mutilate.
Sure I have a sense of humor but why would I laugh at a shirt that degrades instead of admonishes the women in my life?
Poor taste.
I want to offer the alternative to all things like this. Something that has meaning and value, but never as much value as you!
Mica @ Restored

No comments:

Real Stat - Dynamic Online User Counter

TWIT PIC